Thursday 7 February 2013

Year of the Snake

Good evening all and welcome to another blog post.
We're expecting "snowmageddon" tonight (to quote my daughter) so the girls are preparing for a "snow day" tomorrow.  Great fun when all the neighborhood kids come out to play and enjoy the snow.  

Here is a gate fold Chinese New Year card that I created for a dear lady that has worked with my husband for years.  During the New Year celebrations she turns the office into a feast, bringing in new and wonderful delicacies daily for everyone to enjoy during this special holiday.  

The serpent on the front is a request I made to Teri of Delicious Doodles and it can be found here.  I was so excited when I saw what she had drawn and thought it was perfect for a Chinese greeting inside.


The serpent really is not pink....it's Chinese red irl...must be something with my camera again...hehe!  I used gold Smooch to give him some bling.  Gold mirror card for backing, corners and SB Marvelous squares. Coloured with Copics.

Here's a look inside:
I used a digi from Bugaboo on the center panel.  Chinese greeting done in Word as well as the sentiment.  DP Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection

Thanks for stopping by.
hugs,
Pat K

16 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a brilliant card Pat, love the colours red and black always seem very Oriental to me they remind me of those beautiful lacquered cabinets you see xx

Anonymous said...

this is truly lovely i bet the woman will love it

Sue said...

WOW!! This is wonderful Pat. I love the serpent and the way he frames the sentiment. The colours and papers are fantastic and the inside is beautifully decorated too.
I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue

Teri said...

WOW, that's really cool hun! Glad you liked the snake image! xx

Anonymous said...

This stunning! Beautiful colors! hugs, Angela

Stamps and Paper said...

Pat what an amazing card, just love your rich colours and fabulous designs

Anne

Chunyuan said...

Beautiful card. So festive and fun. Love the tri folder.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat

We all love the cards you make mom every year. We look forward to your new year card every year! i wanted to see more of your cards. so glad you put your blog url on the back of the card. a few years back you made a beautiful one that had a golden round shape on the front. could you tell me where you found that?

thanks again, the whole family loves it!

Pat K said...

Thank you so much Jen for your lovely comments. It's always my pleasure...we think your Mom is the greatest. I believe I cut the shape using Spellbinders Layered elegant swirl die. I can make a few for you if you would like...just let me know. pkuzenko@sympatico.ca

craftygranny said...

Hi Pat fab card . Could you contact trisha at glitternsparklechallenge@yahoo.co.uk as you won the challenge and i'd like to tell you how to get your prize. Thanks Trisha x

Min said...

What a cool card! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug February Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again for our NEWEST challenge today!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card, love the red/black combo and love the fold too..

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Pat, love all the images and gorgeous colours. Hope you are OK with all the snow I have seen reported on our news.

Pat

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, Pat! I love all the scroll work bits and pieces on the card!

Bridie said...

Brilliant card, I love the colour scheme!

canadian_liner said...

What a gorgeous card! So rich and beautiful on the outside, and so cheeky on the inside!