Saturday 13 July 2013

Bridal Shower

Happy Saturday everyone,

Hope this finds you well and enjoying a lovely Summer weekend.

Last Saturday I attended a bridal shower for my Cousin's Son's fiancée and what a fun time. 
The maid-of-honor and bridesmaids did a fabulous job of creating a memorable day for everyone, especially the bride-to-be.  It was my first time meeting her and she is lovely....can't wait for the wedding.
I wanted to make a special card to accompany the gift and here is what I came up with.


I've used an ADFD digi called Wedding Veil, coloured with Copics, fussy cut and added a piece of white netting over the veil.  Rhinestones placed where the dots on the image are located and yes, the not-so-straight sewing is silver thread.

The tag is a Magnolia die, sentiment done in Word. 
Flowers from Michaels...a Recollection product.
Leaves are a PoppyStamps die called Gentle Leaf
Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder
Silver netting cut from a 12x12 sheet from Michaels
Sequin ribbon from Fabricland
Two dies used behind the image are SB Radiant Rectangles




 Box was made 6 3/4"  x 6 3/4"
 White paper was embossed with SU Elegant Bouquet embossing folder then matted on pale blue cardstock, then added to Pearlized white DP.  White string pearls were added around the edge.  I use api's Crafter's Pick incredibly tacky glue - great for sticking flowers on as well.






I will be entering the following challenges:
  1. Papertake Weekly Challenge: Old swiss dot folder, New leaf die, Blue flower.
  2. Make it Monday #148
  3. Charisma Cardz Challenge #27 - No designer papers
  4. Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
  5. Sister Act Card Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by,
hugs,
Pat K xx

18 comments:

Sasha said...

Such a beautifully created card and box, Pat.
Enjoy a lovely weekend x

Stamps and Paper said...

Absolutely beautiful Pat and I love the way you have used net on her veil..love you gorgeous ribbon flowers also

Anne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG, this is amazing, what a beautiful treasure she has of her shower.

Donna Ellis said...

What a wonderful day, Pat, thanks for sharing it with us. Your card and box look gorgeous, and I imagine the bride was smitten by it, and will keep it in her wedding album. My favorite part is the tulle over the image from the veil downward - but your whole card is just beyond extravagantly beautiful. Just lovely. I am always inspired visiting your blog - you probably get tired of hearing me say that, but it is true.

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Pat. I love the image and the way you have created her pretty veil. The design and details are just wonderful and I love those flowers.
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fabulous image.xxx

Shelby said...

There is a whole lotta gorgeous elegance going on with this card and box! Love the die cuts you've used and all of the texture. Beautiful card

Shelby

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A beautiful and elegant card Pat, amazing attention to detail! Susan xx

Lorraine said...

A beautiful card Pat. The image and design look gorgeous.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Pat said...

What an absolutely stunning card Pat, the image is beautiful and those flowers are just gorgeous. I am sure the bride-to-be was absolutely delighted with it.

Pat xx

Pia S said...

Your card looks fantastic with all the different textures and feminine details! The image is so beautiful and I love the die cut frame you've made for it. The name and date on the front makes your card so much more personal - a really nice detail.

coops said...

oh wow so stunning pat.really pretty image and your soft colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

cotnob said...

What a beautiful card and matching box Pat, so many fabulous details and gorgeous image - I'm sure these will be treasured.
Pauline
x

Shelby said...

Wowzer Pat that is one amazing card. All of the elements are just incredibly stunning. Love it

Shelby

Craftdee said...

I love this image too (I've got this one sitting on my cyber-shelf already, patiently waiting, lol) I love how this card has come together, so classy. I love the silver thread too - I'd never go there 'coz my stitching actually is wonky - yours looks pretty straight to me :-) Donna xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Pat
Fabulous card.... Sooo good.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Eileen said...

Oh wowsers Pat this is TOTALLY STUNNING !!!! Fabulous image and colouring and oh my such a gorgeous design and layout. LOVE IT !!!
Eileen x

Tiggerscraps said...

This is stunning!