Friday 19 July 2013

Sieze the Cake

Happy Friday everyone,

I hope you all managed to stay cool this week during the record breaking temperatures 
experienced up here in the northern hemisphere. 
There should be some relief this weekend for us around the Great Lakes as they are predicting our 
back to normal 26-27 deg.C ..here's hoping there will be a break for you too.

For my card today I've used an adorable image by Lacy Sunshine called
I just love Pickles. My oldest granddaughter spent one summer at the cottage collected frogs.
She didn't get so far as to name any of them but did practice catch-and-release.
 I know, I kept telling her she would get warts 
but am happy to report they proved me wrong again.  
I remember her Dad when he was a little boy rescued a bull frog from a bunch of boys who were up to no good. Perhaps this is where the attraction comes from. ...now on to my card. 



       

The dp I've used is from a DCWV  12x12 pad called Nana's Kitchen Stack.  Many of the sheets are embossed and very glittery.

The adorable cakes and stands are MB dies called
Petite Cake and Scalloped Cake Stand.

 A MB woven circle die was used under the sentiment which is from an acrylic stamp set, name is missing but I believe it's Hero Arts.

Copics were used to colour the image.  I remember the pinks are R89, 85, 83, 81 but did not keep track of the greens...sorry!



I will enter this card into the current challenge at
Thank you so much for stopping by today,
hugs,
Pat K x

24 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous pat.beautiful design and colours and the image is really sweet :D

xx coops xx

Alyx said...

Fab card Pat. Love how you've coloured Eleanor & Pickles...and that paper and your attention to detail are perfect.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Debs said...

What a scrummy yummy card Pat - fabulous image - super sweet colours and the cutest cake die cuts.
Debs xx

Judith said...

I just love this Pat - those little cake stands re just fab - Lacy Sunshine has become a favourite of mine - and if I ever get around to making another just because card ( or any card for that matter!) - I might just have to use one - enjoy these lovely summer days hugs Judith x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Pat. The image and design look fab.
Lorraine x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful card Pat, I love your design and cake stand dies! Susan x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Pat. I love the cute image, fabulous colouring and beautiful detailing
I hope you have a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Sharon said...

A fabulous card Pat. The image is adorable and I love the papers and design. The die backing the sentiment is gorgeous.
Hugs Sharon x

Donna Ellis said...

How cute, Pat! You have created a bakery! I can almost smell the sweet aroma of baking cakes and delicious icing to go on top. Just daring! Love the doilies which lend even more of the "bakers feel". Sweet colors, and wonderful stitching. TFS! hugs, de

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

This is so cute. Love the yummy image...totally sweet.

Shirley-Anne said...

A delightful creation with beautiful image and superb colouring .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Pam and so cute..love your easel card and gorgeous colours

Anne

Kelly Lloyd said...

Yummy card pat. Love that layout and fab sentiment.
The Dolly's are the perfect embellishment too
Thanks for sharing with with us at a gem of a challenge
Hugs Kelly

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Pat, sweet image and beautiful papers. I thought it was hot here but not up to your temperatures, hope it's cooler this weekend for you, they are forecasting it hotter for us next week!!!! The frogs in our pond have been out sunbathing and singing in the warm weather! Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Nikki Craft said...

Just stunning...a very pretty card!
Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine...good luck:)
Hugs Nikki x

cotnob said...

This is lovely Pat, such pretty papers and great design.
Pauline
x

Manderly said...

This really turned out wonderful! Love your coloring of Eleanore and Pickles! thanks so much for joining us at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge!
Manderly
xxxooo

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Pat, love this image and wow you have created the card brilliantly.xx

Eileen said...

What a great fun card Pat. Fabulous image, coloured to perfection, and love the layout and papers you have used
Eileen x

Katherine K :) said...

I love Eleanor and Pickles! You have done a fab job coloring her. Your entry at MIM caught my eye and I noticed from your name that you stopped at my blog too! That was so sweet - thank you!

Shelby said...

OH I remember those hot humid summers in Muskegon...miss the water, not the humidity. Gorgeous easel card. Love how you've colored up this too cute of an image.

Shelby

Craftdee said...

What a sweet card! Great sentiment, I love puns. 26 -27 deg.C sounds lovely, we're in winter here and are still getting low 20's in the day but cool nights (record of 3 the other night) because of the clear skies; which sounds great but we'll pay in summer with low water levels We get low 40s regularly, definitely too hot for me now, though when I was a frog-collector myself summer days were the very best :-)) Donna xx

PapierGirl said...

Super cute - love the image and her big glasses! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)