Friday 20 September 2013

New Baby Card for Twins

Hi everyone,  Hope you've had a good week and have something fun planned for the weekend.
We're off to a wedding tomorrow and I'm so looking forward to a party.
 It's been ages since we took a spin around the dance floor...hope we still remember how.
Weather looks like it might co-operate in the afternoon...keeping fingers crossed. 

Today starts a new challenge at Totally Papercrafts and the theme is Birthday or New Baby card.

Our wonderful sponsor this week is


 
  I needed to make a baby card for the principal at my granddaughters dance school....she gave birth to twin boys and they are absolutely gorgeous.  I'm happy she liked the card and has given it a prominent place in the babies room.

Once again I used my Graphic 45 papers from the Lullaby collection.  I also used the core-dinations matching cardstock and distressed the edges.  Love it when papers match.  The base is SU very vanilla, cut using SB Grand Labels One die.  The inner layer was hand cut.  SU Radiant Rectangles used for the sentiment panel, created in Word.

I would like to enter the the following challenges:
Creative Craft Challenges2 #19 - Use Ribbon
Make it Monday #158
City Crafter Challenge #177 - Colour
Craft-Dee BowZ September Challenge

Thank you so much for stopping by. I do read all your lovely comments.  They are so much appreciated and help motivate me when I need it.
hugs,
Pat K xx

26 comments:

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful baby card Pat. Gorgeous images, layout and design.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Debs said...

Oh Pat no wonder she liked it - it is simply stunning. So many gorgeous details.
Debs xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Pat..gorgeous image and lovely soft colours

Anne

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

My goodness Pat I can see why it has taken pride of place in the twin's room its exquisite! Enjoy your wedding looks like a good weather forecast! Susan x

Laine said...

Stunning colour, design and vintage images Pat. Enjoy your week-end.
Laine
xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Pat! Your granddaughter's principal must have been deeply touched by this card. It is beyond gorgeous - so full of love, sweetness and beauty. Your card design is beautiful with the most wonderful layers and die cuts. My favorite pieces are the two "vintage-style" frames with those darling images. Just beautiful! hugs, de

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, this is so precious. Love the die cuts which make it look so delicate as if it is lace.

Sandy said...

Beautiful easel card. Love the sweet vintage images, diecuts and lovely lace,ribbon and flowers. A wonderful keepsake!
Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Make It Monday
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

Sue said...

This is stunning Pat, such a beautiful design and I love the cute images with wonderful detailing too. I am not surprised this has pride of place!
I hope you have a good time at the Wedding tomorrow and that the weather stays fine for the happy couple.
hugs Sue xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! pat this is so gorgeous. Beautiful layout and lovely colours.

have a great time tomorrow, have a dance for me. I can't remember the last time I was able to dance.

Have a good weekend
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Pat, love the design and gorgeous images. I hope you have a lovely time at the wedding and that the weather is kind to you.

Pat xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Pat. I love the design and adorable image.
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Pat, gorgeous images and so many fabulous details - I love your design and all of the pearl details.
Pauline
x

Ros Crawford said...

This is absolutely stunning ... beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Lisa T said...

This is stunning. Love the vintage baby images.

Sharon said...

This is stunning Pat. The images are adorable and I love the design. The ribbon is scrumptious as are all the dies and embellies.
Hugs Sharon. x

Wendy said...

Absolutely stunning Pat.
Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! Pat you certainly know how to do beautiful special cards, this is stunning.

Barbara Bruder said...

Pat this car is a gorgeous creation. I am sure that it will be one of those "forever" keepsakes. TFS. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Hugs, Barbara {personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

Pia S said...

WOW - this card looks amazing, Pat! All the die cuts and trimmings, lace and ribbon are so right for an adorable baby design, and you've put everything so beautifully together!

coops said...

oh wow so beautiful pat.really gorgeous vintage design and i love your soft colours :D

x coops xxx

Wendy said...

What a stunning and beautiful card! That's one to keep forever! Spotted it on MIM xx

sue w. said...

Wowza Pat, this is fabulous. I love the shape and layout and the images are just gorgeous. No wonder it has pride of place.
I love a Wedding, seems ages since I've been to one. Hope the weather was good and you managed a twirl.
Hugs Sue W.

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous!!!! I love all the trim and layers! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Sarah said...

Stunning card! Love everything!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

Mau xx said...

No wonder it went down well Pat, Its Beautiful! Love the soft colour and images.
Hugs Mau xx