Wednesday 11 December 2013

Snowflakes are falling......

Hello everyone,
First, I'd like to extend a big Thank You to my new followers.
I'm honoured that you chose to join me on this crafting journey.

Here we are, half way thru another week and that much closer to the big day!
Can't believe how time is flying by....  better get my cards mailed soon!

Today starts a new challenge at Fab'n'Funky and the theme selected by our lovely Rachel is Snowflakes.  Our wonderful sponsor is StampArt Design by Kathryne and I've used an adorable image called "NEW" Santa Mouse.    My photo does not do this little guy justice...he is too cute for words...and the lens it seems!   As you'll see I've surrounded him with lovely white snowflakes and he seems quite happy about it. 


I so wanted to send this to my granddaughter but unfortunately it's a commissioned card.  Might just have to make another one!   It fits into a 6x6 box..no overhanding bits to contend with.



As alway, coloured with Copics
Red is THE most difficult colour for me...it seems to always want to go over the lines (so don't look too close okay..:)

Lots of MB dies used.
Frostyville Wreath
Frostyville Border
Grand Happy Holidays
Magnificent Pine
 The word snow is a die from Papertrey Ink and the words let it are cut using my QuicKutz Studio Mini dies.
DP - Recollections Blue Christmas from last year
 Fran-tage shabby white embossing enamel








I would like to enter the following challenges:
  1. Crafty Sentiments Designs: Christmas
  2. Inky Chicks Challenge #19: Christmas
  3. Papertake Weekly: Christmas Creatures
  4. Songbird Challenge #30 - Merry Christmas
  5. Tip Top Tuesday #116 - Snowflakes
  6. Craft your Passion Challenge #192
  7. Digi Darla's Challenge #92 - Santa
  8. Incy Wincy Designs - Let It Snow
  9. Make it Monday #170
  10. Deep Ocean Challenge #66 - Santa


Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you get a chance to visit the challenge and see the lovely creations made by my fabulous team mates.
hugs,
Pat K xx

25 comments:

Laine said...

Stunning colouring and design detail Pat.
Laine
xx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Pat, such an adorable image and I love all of your fabulous die cut details, especially the happy holidays one.
Sorry I haven't visited much lately, I've been rather poorly but am now well on the mend so should be back to normal soon.
Pauline
x

Shirley said...

OH MY!!! Pat this is simply gorgeous! I love that guy and all the snow and embellies are perfect!

This is my favorite of the week for sure.

Donna Ellis said...

Such a sweet card, Pat, and WONDERFUL photos so we can see your fabulous design from many angles. Your deep red really pops out with the white and pale blue! Love the blue gift sack, and your amazing tree! hugs, de

Ciska said...

What a fantastic card, such a festive project! That little guy is too cute for words and you've coloured him beautifully. Someone is going to be very lucky receiving this for Christmas :)

Sue Nicholson said...

Smashing card and layout, thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy challenge, good luck cheers Sue N (GDT)x

Pat said...

Oh my Pat this is just gorgeous, I love the cute image (not seen this one before) and your colouring, as always, is fantastic.

Pat xx

Debs said...

Totally adorable card Pat - sucha cute image and amazing dies and bling.
Debs xx

Céline said...

really cute, love your coloring
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! my my goodness is what I always say when seeing your cards, this is no exception, you have coloured that little mouse so beautifully and I love how you have done the card, just fabulous.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card. The image is so cute and I love the colours and design.
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat, adorable image and love your snowflakes and fab tree.
Hugs
Wendy xx

designermc said...

Great card, so much detail and I love the tree.
Nancy

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow Pat its gorgeous I can see why you wanted to give it to your granddaughter! Susan x

lalkygirl said...

What a sweet card ,I love your colouring of the adorable mouse...fab colours too
Thanks for joining us at MiM and good luck
Tracey x

Pia S said...

I wish I knew how to color folds the way you do - this image is so beautifully colored! You've put all those different die cut elements beautifully together on this sweet card!

rachel said...

Stunning card! Fab diecuts and a beautiful cute image! Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments this week and good luck x

coops said...

so stunning pat.adorable image and I love your design and gorgeous snowflakes :D

x coops xx

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love every detail and element on this card! The colouring of that sweet mouse is fabulous and I love the vibrant red against the soft blues and white. Wonderful use of dies on this design. Everywhere I look there is something that makes me smile. Thanks for joining our Let It Snow challenge this week at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and frosty!! :) :) Thank you for joining us @ Crafty Sentiments for our “Christmas” theme!! :) :)
Nicole’s Craft Nook

Denise Pustelniak said...

How FAB! Love all the diecuts!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

Pillan said...

Love your card! Cute little image and beautiful coloured. Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges.
/Pillan

Rach83 said...

Amazing card, Pat. Your colouring is absolutely superb and I love all the snowflakes. Your tree is super bling too - my favourite type!

I've had a blast working with you at Fab'n'Funky and your talent is just phenomenal. I'm looking forward to lots more wonderful creations in 2014. :)

Rachel x

Unknown said...

Your image is so adorable! Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at TTT. Amy A., DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Congratulations on your top 3 win, well deserved with this fab card